NEW AGENT CHECKLIST
GET PLUGGED IN
NOT LICENSED? CLICK BELOW
We will pay for your licensing course!
☐ Send manager full legal name (First, Middle, Last), best email, and phone number
- Manager will submit your information to John, our Head of Operations, who will you send a link complete the contracting requirements. Items you will need:
*Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O)
☐ Need E&O Insurance?
- Select Option B
☐ Go through your specific contracting link that was emailed to you by John from contracting
- It will have come from: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check your SPAM folder if you do not see it.
☐ Complete the affidavit and acknowledgement
- Make sure you watch the entire SuranceBay Overview Video and then get started.
- Create a New Profile with SuranceBay, and Request Appointments for all of the carriers, and confirm them until they say: BGA under “Currently At”
- SuranceBay “Currently At” Statuses:
Producer: Go back through and confirm your requested appointments
BGA: Good Job, you have done it correctly and your contract has been sent to our home office
Carrier: FFL home office has sent your contract to each carrier
Discarded: Locate the reason, and email: UPDATE for help
- Check SuranceBay daily for contracting updates with each carrier.
- SuranceBay Help: HERE
☐ Complete Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Course
- This can be completed before or after submitting contracting through LIMRA
☐ Follow up with each carrier in 5 business days after your contract status has changed to "Carrier"
- Verify they have all your contracting paperwork and that there are no outstanding requirements.
- Carrier contact info can be found: HERE
- Keep an eye on your email box for important messages and appointment confirmation from the carriers.
- Make sure to look in your SPAM and Promotional folder of your email.
PREPARE TO DIAL AND RUN APPOINTMENTS
☐ Print out these documents to set yourself up for success
☐ Order Leads
- Have a "Lead Strategy Call" with your manager or upline VP prior to your first lead purchase
- Order Leads once you have your Americo and Mutual of Omaha agent numbers
☐ Phone Script Training
- Watch the Phone Script Training video: HERE
- Start dialing and booking appointments
- Use the FFL Dial Tracker to track your dials and production
☐ In-Home Presentation
- Watch every video and study the In-Home Presentation: HERE
- Bookmark the Quote Tools: HERE
- Take detailed notes
☐ Product Knowledge
- Learn about the main products we sell: HERE
☐ Decide when to work - Plan out your dial days/ run days
- Faster you become self sufficient, the faster you will be successful.
- Most successful agents dial on Monday and Thursday. And run Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
☐ Once you receive your carrier appointment confirmation and agent numbers
- Register for each carrier you received a writing number from
- Write down your agent numbers in a Word Document, and have a secure place for your password and usernames
- Become familiar with their eApp
☐ Register for Family First Life Agent CRM System
- Ask your manager and they can get you access